Greetings from Greece to all!

Hello my friends! My name is Lina (Λίνα), I am 31 years old, and some of you may already know me as linaaaap1 from my youtube channel.
The City Hall of Pyrgos, Latseio Dimotiko Megaro,
 at the central square of the town,
The last three years, I live with my boyfriend, Dimitris (Δημήτρης), who was born the exact same day as me, in October 21st, 1983. Isn't that great? We've been together for 8 years. We live in our hometown, Pyrgos, that is a town in western Peloponnese with a population of about 25.000.
I have also lived for 5 years in Thessaloniki, a much larger city, in Northern Greece, where I studied International and European Studies, at the University of Macedonia. My dream has always been to be a diplomat. Well, I'm not one yet, but it's never too late, right?
I currently work in a local business, that sells agricultural equipment, such as chainsaws, lawn mowers, spare parts and many more products, like workwear and safetywear. I manage the online shop, it's called buy-land.gr. I like my job, my boss and co-workers are great, and we are all friends even after work hours.
So, enough about my personal life, for now!
I've been making online video lessons since 2007, and I have to confess, I never thought that they would be so succesful. So first of all, I want to thank you for following me all these years. This blog is an old idea that I never had the time to accomplish, but now I guess I have to find some time, between my job and my other obligations.
I intend to help you learn to speak Greek like a Greek, with the original Greek accent but that's not enough for me. I want to help you get the Greek feeling, the whole Greek experience, to make you understand what it feels like to be a Greek.
This idea started a long time a go, since I realized that people from other countries, had many wrong impressions about the Greek character, culture and lifestyle.
I will try to help you get the whole feeling, if that is possible, to smell the scents of the nature, to taste the delicious foods, to listen to the sounds of the waves, to travel through the beautiful songs and of course to communicate using the beautiful Greek language like a Greek.
I know a lot of you come to our beautiful Meditarranean country for your summer vacation, ready to explore the hundreds of beaches, the museums, the cusine and the Greek hospitality, But is that all? Of course not! Here, we don't eat souvlaki every day (well some of us might!), and we don't listen only to "syrtaki" on the radio. We don't speak ancient Greek, and when we learn ancient Greek at school, (we all do, starting at the First Grade of Gymnasio, the Greek equivalent of the 7th Grade/first year of Junior High School) we don't use the Erasmian accent.
Oh, there are so many things I want you to know, because I am sure that you do, and trust me it's worth trying!
Of course, not everything is beautiful and dreamy in Greece, as not anywhere in the world. I won't be some fanatic, trying to convince you that my country is some dreamy wonderland, because it's not, Who can claim that for their own country? With me there will be no lies, and when something bothers me, you will be the first to know.
So have fun, learn, explore and please, feel free to ask me whatever you need to know!
Thank you so much,
Love,
Lina

Comments